Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to use time spent in segments

Level 3

Hi, I'm having some doubts on how to use information on time on site.

Specifically I would like to build a segment such as:

Visitors who spent at least 20 seconds on page X

This means that I would like to include Visitor A, who spent only 5 seconds on the page the first time, but 20 seconds the second time he visited the page. I also want to exclude Visitor B who spent 15 seconds on page X the first time, and 45 seconds on page Y during a 60 seconds visit.

I worry that if I use Average time on page, I will not capture Visitor A, as Adobe will return the average of the two visits. I also worry that I will capture Visitor B, as he visited two different pages and on average he was above 20 seconds per page, although I only want to focus on page X.

Could you assist me in how to build this segment in the proper way?

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Floria,

Can you do an 'AND' condition like below to get the results you need? Or, your request is something different?

1412602_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Floria,

Can you do an 'AND' condition like below to get the results you need? Or, your request is something different?

1412602_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You!

Arun

Community Advisor

i suggest you use a „visit„ segment with the following condition:

“page equals x“

then „within 1 pageview“ and „after 20 seconds“

“page exists“

this way it should select all visits where the user was on page X and the next page view was after 20 seconds.

Level 3

Hi Arun, thank you for the reply, I think this is what I was looking for! I didn't realize granular time could be used as "metric" even if it is a dimension