Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to track keywords organics

Level 1

Hi everyone, i need to know how to measure organic traffic in Adobe, please:

• Organic search sessions.
  • Keywords that generate higher organic traffic and conversions.

I have about 99% organic traffic as unspecified and unavailable.

Thx

Jorge (spentor)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, way back in 2010, most search engines started increasing their privacy settings... they no longer allow the full search URL (which has all the search query data) to be passed as a referrer... this prevents all analytics tools from being able to see that information.

Now, that said, of course Google Analytics, when you connect it to your Google Search Console allows that data to be stitched... but that's cause its completely in Google's connected to tools to provide that information...

That said, if you are really interested in getting search keywords into Adobe, you can always use the Google API to get data from Search Console, then use Adobe's Data Source feature to import the data in.

@FrederikWerner has a really great post about this:
https://www.fullstackanalyst.io/blog/adobe-analytics/getting-google-search-keywords-into-adobe-analy...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, way back in 2010, most search engines started increasing their privacy settings... they no longer allow the full search URL (which has all the search query data) to be passed as a referrer... this prevents all analytics tools from being able to see that information.

Now, that said, of course Google Analytics, when you connect it to your Google Search Console allows that data to be stitched... but that's cause its completely in Google's connected to tools to provide that information...

That said, if you are really interested in getting search keywords into Adobe, you can always use the Google API to get data from Search Console, then use Adobe's Data Source feature to import the data in.

@FrederikWerner has a really great post about this:
https://www.fullstackanalyst.io/blog/adobe-analytics/getting-google-search-keywords-into-adobe-analy...

Community Advisor

As a proxy that might provide some insight, I recommend setting the Marketing Channel Detail for Organic Search to Page.  This will give you some insight of the keywords visitors are using to find your site.  While you can't see the keywords, you can get a good idea of what keywords might be finding those particular pages.

On the other hand, the search engine:keywords provides very little value as you'll typically learn 85-90+% of your traffic is from google with no keywords.