Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Timeout errors in Launch Debugging

Level 1

recently enabled the property to run components in sequence, and suddenly we are seeing the errors mentioned below.

Failed to execute "Custom Code" for "Page Load - All Pages - VM rule. A timeout occurred because the action took longer than 2 seconds to complete.

Error: A timeout occurred because the action took longer than 2 seconds to complete.

Can anyone let me know the possible fix for this?

@analytics @ADOBEANALYTICS 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can increase the timeout of each action in your launch property...

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1683919235533.png

In the advanced options, you can choose whether the next action should wait for this to complete before proceeding, and you can also adjust the timeout here... 

Default is 2000, try increasing it to 3000 or 4000

But it might also be worth looking at your script to see what it is doing and if there are any performance improvements... there may not be... you may be stuff waiting for a response from a third party callback.. use your best judgement to find a balance.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can increase the timeout of each action in your launch property...

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1683919235533.png

In the advanced options, you can choose whether the next action should wait for this to complete before proceeding, and you can also adjust the timeout here... 

Default is 2000, try increasing it to 3000 or 4000

But it might also be worth looking at your script to see what it is doing and if there are any performance improvements... there may not be... you may be stuff waiting for a response from a third party callback.. use your best judgement to find a balance.

Level 1

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan 

Thank You, It worked. I just unchecked the wait to run next action and timeout issue seems to be resolved.

Thanks Again