Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to track form submissions ?

Level 3

I have a scenario and its related for submission. 

step 1 - User comes to sign up page and when user enters email & desired password and hits submit button there is a form submit and an event triggers (event 70) and evar 90 gets tracked with value " Form step 1 complete - Partial registration" 

Step 2 - After completing step 1 the user is show with another form where they must enter first & last name, age, phone number and when they hit submit button no event variable triggers but evar 90  gets tracked with value "Form step 2 complete - Full registration:" 

The rest of the user session is carried with evar 90 : "Form step 2 complete - Full registration:" 

The requirement is we need to see how many times each forms are submitted. Currently we feel we are not seeing the right numbers since many customer ID has got multiple Form step 2 complete (When we create report in workspace "Customer ID" in dimension and evar 90 filtered by event 70)

Can you help me by telling are we tracking correctly or should we change something? Is there better way of tracking these forms?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that you want to get the number of visits that had eVar90 = "Form step 2 complete - Full registration:". To do that, you'll need to use a calculated metric.

• Drag "Visits" into the calculated metric builder.
  • Drag eVar90 as a segment for that Visits metric, i.e. so that Visits is within the eVar90 blue segment box. In the eVar90 segment configuration, enter eVar90 = "Form step 2 complete - Full registration:".

Now, use that calculated metric in your report. Does it show "correct" numbers?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that you want to get the number of visits that had eVar90 = "Form step 2 complete - Full registration:". To do that, you'll need to use a calculated metric.

• Drag "Visits" into the calculated metric builder.
  • Drag eVar90 as a segment for that Visits metric, i.e. so that Visits is within the eVar90 blue segment box. In the eVar90 segment configuration, enter eVar90 = "Form step 2 complete - Full registration:".

Now, use that calculated metric in your report. Does it show "correct" numbers?

Employee Advisor

@gkrish12345 Did you have a chance to implement @yuhuisg's suggestion?

Do you need any further assistance on this