Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to send adobe analytics data via api

Level 2

Hi all,

Please let me know, is there any way to send adobe analytics data to another domain or server.

If yes, please share the way, how to get it done.

Also, If possible to share workspace visualize data to another domain or server?

Thanks all

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @VinothKumarD 

In that case you can use BDIA (Buld Data Insertion API) to ingest the data for your partner's portal into analytics and pass an addtinal column into your data set to segregate partner's data vs analytics web data.

Then go ahead and create segment to filter the data within analytics dashboard. Please use the following link for more details on BDIA:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/import/c-data-insertion-api.html?lang=en

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@VinothKumarD  can you explore the connectors provided to connect with external systems, it could be of help in your case.

https://business.adobe.com/in/products/analytics/third-party-integrations.htm

Level 2

@Pallavi_Shukla_
Shared link leads to 404 page.

Thanks for reply.

I am very new to this API concept.

My Requirement is like

1. I need to showcase data for each partner based on their login.

For example:
We have many partner's webpages. Based on partner, we need to filter their website metrics like pageview, visit, clicks into their login portal, once they logged in.

So now my question is:

Shall i send bulk data via api, then i ask developer to put query to pull data based on above condition

or

Shall i filter data in freeform table in analytics workspace and then i have to copy that response data and send it to each api based on each user(many user). I think this is tricky to do.

Please share the best practice to approach

If need to send bulk data via api, please share the steps to be followed.

Regards,

VinothKumar Dayanithi

Community Advisor

Hey @VinothKumarD 

Hope you are doing well.

First question: 

Data Feeds feature in Admin section would allow you to send Adobe Analytics data to a third party storage system (usually called a Data Destination).

There are three ways to do this:

1. FTP
  2. SFTP
  3. AWS S3 

Do watch the video illustration in this Reference page.

Second question:

You can try Projects API and Reporting API of Adobe Analytics.

Please make sure that you have right credentials to work on Adobe Analytics APIs. And there are two ways to connect to API endpoints of Adobe Analytics. 

All this information can be found here: Getting started with the Analytics API. Here are a few API repositories in Github.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kishore

Level 2

@Kishore_Reddy 

Thanks for reply. could you please reply for the below query

I am very new to this API concept.

My Requirement is like

1. I need to showcase data for each partner based on their login.

For example:
We have many partner's webpages. Based on partner, we need to filter their website metrics like pageview, visit, clicks into their login portal, once they logged in.

So now my question is:

Shall i send bulk data via api, then i ask developer to put query to pull data based on above condition

or

Shall i filter data in freeform table in analytics workspace and then i have to copy that response data and send it to each api based on each user(many user). I think this is tricky to do.

Please share the best practice to approach

If need to send bulk data via api, please share the steps to be followed.

Regards,

VinothKumar Dayanithi

Level 3

Hi @VinothKumarD 

Can you please confirm if the partner's portal/domain already had analytics implementation. Also if your request is on how segregate data for all the parter's when they logged-in to the site. Then you can create a VRS (Virtual Report Suite) and easily filter data based upon the segment.

Pleae let me know if this helps

Level 2

@LoveeshK hi . Thanks for reply. Partner portal doesn't have analytics. Also, we need to insert data via api, then need to visualise those data.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @VinothKumarD 

In that case you can use BDIA (Buld Data Insertion API) to ingest the data for your partner's portal into analytics and pass an addtinal column into your data set to segregate partner's data vs analytics web data.

Then go ahead and create segment to filter the data within analytics dashboard. Please use the following link for more details on BDIA:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/import/c-data-insertion-api.html?lang=en