Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to get organic traffic from Baidu App?

Level 1

Hi,

I know that we can track organic traffic from Baidu in Adobe Analytic, with "Search Engine". But I'm not sure if Baidu App also part of this Search Engine in Adobe Analytic. May I know how we can track traffic from Baidu Mobile App? Do we need to track via referral traffic? If yes, what is the subdomain we should capture?

Thanks!

Baidu-App-Mobile.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The search engines traffic is identified by referrer. The mobile app itself may not send it when a user clicks through from the search result page (inside the app) to your website.

However, if you capture User Agent in an eVar, you may recognize the traffic by looking for "baidu" as shown below. Be aware that this traffic may include those who opened your website not only from the search result page.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/15E148 SP-engine/2.34.0 main%2F1.0 baiduboxapp/12.21.1.10 (Baidu; P2 14.6) NABar/1.0 themeUA=Theme/default

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The search engines traffic is identified by referrer. The mobile app itself may not send it when a user clicks through from the search result page (inside the app) to your website.

However, if you capture User Agent in an eVar, you may recognize the traffic by looking for "baidu" as shown below. Be aware that this traffic may include those who opened your website not only from the search result page.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/15E148 SP-engine/2.34.0 main%2F1.0 baiduboxapp/12.21.1.10 (Baidu; P2 14.6) NABar/1.0 themeUA=Theme/default

Level 1

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the reply! Thanks for information that this traffic is identified by referrer and not search engine. I think I need to find out what are the referral URL for traffic from Baidu app. 

Regards,

HooiSing