Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to get a custom UV metric against a custom visitor ID?

Level 1

Hello to All Adobe Analytics evangelists!

We are implementing a custom visitor ID by passing into an eVar(dimension).We need a UV count against this new eVar, therefore, need help in order to implement a custom unique visitor metric that is stitched to it.

Note- Looking at normal UV against this dimension won’t work for us – coz default UV metric depends on Omniture@@’ s default Visitor ID methodologies

And also, setting up a custom event with visitor level serialization won’t work - coz that will be dependent on Omniture’s default visitor ID

Looking for the best possible solution to tie a custom UV metric against my custom visitor ID?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'd recommend looking into the 'Approximate Count Distinct' function in calculated metrics. This allows you to pull the number of unique eVar values as a metric, which should be exactly what you're looking for.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'd recommend looking into the 'Approximate Count Distinct' function in calculated metrics. This allows you to pull the number of unique eVar values as a metric, which should be exactly what you're looking for.