Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to find product downloads for a large corporation?

Level 1

Hi all,

I am working for a large corporation (Alcatel-Lucent) that has many different solutions and products. Each "solution" has many products. A product is part of a solution. The problem I am having is that Adobe Analytics seems to be only showing data for the corporate website as a whole. The division I am working in is based on one solution only (Customer Experience). I believe every web page already has a tracking code embedded in it (We have had Adobe Analytics for a while now but I am new to the team).

Where might I have to navigate to in order to find all product downloads under one certain "solution"? Do I have to create a dashboard and add relevant sections manually or is there already one place that shows them all?

I'm new to Adobe Analytics so the user interface is a little confusing to me. This is a task I volunteered to do to help a colleague find the product downloads.

Apologies and thanks in advance,

Anthony smiley

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Anthony,

It is difficult to provide exact guidance because so much will depend on the specific implementation instance at your company. I would recommend if possible getting in contact with the web analytics architect or business manager responsible for the implementation to see if you can pinpoint how different solutions, products, divisions are delineated in Adobe Analytics. If there is no central point of contact then the alternative is to do detective work using debugging tools on the production site to 'reverse-engineer' how the tracking is set across the site.

You may be able to arrive at an answer through segmentation IF there is an accurate reporting value that only maps to your division in the tracking. Also as you note it may only be possible to report out based on using manual filtering or selection to isolate your division. It all depends on the set up of the implementation and the maintenance of the Adobe Analytics tags.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Anthony,

I'd be happy to help you learn the different ways to report on this in Adobe Analytics.  Feel free to contact me at adam.greco at webanalyticsdemystified.com

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Anthony,

It is difficult to provide exact guidance because so much will depend on the specific implementation instance at your company. I would recommend if possible getting in contact with the web analytics architect or business manager responsible for the implementation to see if you can pinpoint how different solutions, products, divisions are delineated in Adobe Analytics. If there is no central point of contact then the alternative is to do detective work using debugging tools on the production site to 'reverse-engineer' how the tracking is set across the site.

You may be able to arrive at an answer through segmentation IF there is an accurate reporting value that only maps to your division in the tracking. Also as you note it may only be possible to report out based on using manual filtering or selection to isolate your division. It all depends on the set up of the implementation and the maintenance of the Adobe Analytics tags.

Best,

Brian

Level 1

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the quick response.

I did contact our web analytics team and am still awaiting a response. I totally understand that it's a difficult question to answer... even I did not know how to explain my problem.

I believe it may only be possible to report out based on manual filtering as well, but I will certainly ask them about their use of tags and set up.

Best regards,

Anthony