Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to find Hits / Beacon informations - Mobile Application

Level 4

Dear Community,

I'm trying to check if my data is being sent correctly from my App to Adobe.

But I'm struggling because when I'm testing on Browserstack, I can't find any hit in the Console > Network Tab.

I'm trying to use the filter "smetric" or "/b/ss/" like I'm doing on my website. But nothing appears.

Am I filtering the wrong way ? Or it's something wrong analytics setup ?

Thank you for your help 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @rahulb31017943 !

I'm in checking the console > Network tab in BrowserStack.

I finally reached the Support because we found out that our environment Dev & Prod had not the same mobile privacy. 

And at the moment it's set on Unknown instead of opt-in. 

The support gave us this link to find a solution. So we are now checking with our developers to integrate this to the Application code.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 2

@Swanan_ Not much idea of Browserstack but if you want to check the server calls than you can use Charles logs or Griffon and can see the server calls by filtering. In android studio as well you can check by filtering in the logs section with AnalyticsExtension or the method name from where call is happening.

You can check the griffon link below :-
https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/beta/project-griffon

Level 4

Hi @aman_gup98 

I'm not sure we are talking about the same hits. I'm talking about the hit coming from my app that are fired to Adobe Analytics with all the data (ex: pagename, product Quantity, product ID, etc....)

Is it what you mean by server calls ?

Level 2

@Swanan_  Yes, I am referring to the same analytics server calls which you can see in android studio or griffon or Charles.

Level 2

Hi @Swanan_ ,

How you  are testing the mobile app analytics calls ?

Are you able to test calls by  installing the app on browser stack and tracking in adobe debugger.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @rahulb31017943 !

I'm in checking the console > Network tab in BrowserStack.

I finally reached the Support because we found out that our environment Dev & Prod had not the same mobile privacy. 

And at the moment it's set on Unknown instead of opt-in. 

The support gave us this link to find a solution. So we are now checking with our developers to integrate this to the Application code.

Best Regards,

Level 4

Hey @Swanan_  - I usually use Charles Proxy Debugger, if you want to set it up, here is a link : 

https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/Tealium-for-Android/Setting-up-Charles-to-Proxy-your-Android-Devi...

Once the mobile test device is connected to the laptop, you can go to Sequence and filter with /b/ss/ and go to Contents and you would be able to see the requests like below :

Charles.png

Level 4

Hi @RaawiMahendru 

Thank you for your help. As I mentionned earlier, we found out that the issue is coming  from the mobile privacy setup. 

Thank you for sharing your solution anyway. Always good to learn different method to test a specific feature.