Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to exclude Payment Gateways from Referring Domains

Level 2

Hello,

On most of our sites I am seeing a lot of payment gateway urls in the list and a lot of our e-commerce revenue is being attributed to these domains in our marketing channel reports.

What is the best way to exclude these domains so they do not appear get revenue attributed to them?

For one of our sites I have identified up 50 individual domains that would need to be potentially excluded. I expect this is something most e-commerce sites experience, so I wanted to know if there was a standard way of doing this.

My initial expectation is that we'd have to add these domains to our Internal URL Filters, but would this stop revenue being attributed in the marketing channel report and secondly is there not a simpler solution?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Marting,

We run into the same problem with Paypal being a main payment gateway for us. You're exactly right, just add "paypal.com" to your internal URL filters, and adobe will ignore these referrers. Seeing that Paypal is never a legitimate referrer who sends converting traffic to us for which we want to tie attribution back to paypal, this works great for us.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Why not build a thank you page post order confirmation?

This would then be the master spot all attributable marketing, rev and order data can be associated to. If UX has a fit (an extra step) then make it in essence Invisible to end user.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Marting,

We run into the same problem with Paypal being a main payment gateway for us. You're exactly right, just add "paypal.com" to your internal URL filters, and adobe will ignore these referrers. Seeing that Paypal is never a legitimate referrer who sends converting traffic to us for which we want to tie attribution back to paypal, this works great for us.

Level 2

Thanks Nickhomer,

I thought as much, I've put together a list of over 100 root domains we're going to have to exclude in that case. Given in europe their consumers using credit/debit card as a mode of payment are often redirected to their bank using 3D Secure to authorize payment before being redirected to our confirmation page.

Level 4

We, too, as seeing an enormous number of payment sites, both in EMEA and in Asia. I really wish Adobe would set up and maintain a list.