Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

How to create a report?

Level 6

I am new to adobe analytics environment. I picked up the work from a previous consulting company. I already have some reports. I took several training about report suites, DTM, work space. But I still didn't figure out how to create reports in the reports section. Could anyone give me some guidance on this, then I will know which training / document I should view.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1) reports are generated based on the vars/props/events you define. however, you can still do a lot of customization, see here: Customizing Reports

2) workspace is separate from report section. you can open a report in a workspace, but not a workspace-project as a report.

3) dashboard are a way to show different reports, not workspace projects (as far as i know)...

View solution in original post

0 Replies

Community Advisor

you find a lot on reports here: Customizing Reports

when i started a few month ago i only used the new workspace (lot more fun playing around there)

- watch youtube videos: Adobe Analytics - YouTube

- see online help: Marketing Cloud Help

this are just some quick tipps ... i hope they help!

Level 6

I guess I didn't ask the question clearly. I noticed that a lot of reports in the reports section seems are standard reports. I am wondering do we need to create those reports, such as site metrics -> key  metrics  or Page views? I guess those are out of box reports, once I config the report suite, then it will automatically grab the available variable and generate those reports. Am I right? If so, is there any document about the map of default variables? This will be very useful for creating customize report with work space.

Talking about the workspace, could I publish my project or workspace report to the report section? Or could I add the workspace report to a dashboard?

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1) reports are generated based on the vars/props/events you define. however, you can still do a lot of customization, see here: Customizing Reports

2) workspace is separate from report section. you can open a report in a workspace, but not a workspace-project as a report.

3) dashboard are a way to show different reports, not workspace projects (as far as i know)...

Level 6

Thank you so much for your answers. I was a Tableau user. So workspace is better. I am very naturally accepted the way to use workspace. But the part really confused me was, how should I use all the vars/props/events. Especially the default ones. So I am wondering is there any document explain the usage of default variables?  

Community Advisor

how to use prop/evars/events is maybe te most important thing within reportings (whatever tool you use within adobe anayltics)

just to start:

What are the available Analytics variables and events? | Adobe Developer Connection

[Tutorial] Adobe Reports & Analytics: Events, eVars and sProps - YouTube

or google for more ressources