Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to correctly report category revenue by product finding methods?

Level 3

The reason I ask is with the typical Product Finding Method reports proposed by Adobe Consulting, internal campaigns links and navigation links (browsing) to category pages are mutually exclusive because each report will be populated with a "non-value" when a customer either Browsers to a category or clicks an Internal Campaign link.

This is not a problem if internal campaigns direct visitors to a landing page, but it becomes a problem when the internal campaign link takes a customer to a category list page, because now the Merchandising team will no longer see revenue for categories that were accessed via an internal campaign link ... since categories accessed via internal campaigns would be attributed to a "non-internal campaign" value in the Browse/Merchandising Categories report.

Should I be implementing an additional product syntax merchandising eVar, set on the Product Page, that captures the category of that product? This report could be broken down by the Product Finding method report to see if it was accessed via Browsing or clicking an Internal Campaign. Or should internal campaigns links never direct customers to a category page?

I recognize it depends on how the site is built, but I was wondering what other websites do?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jean-Paul Behren,

This is a very good question. I am sure you will be able to solve this by following a adobe standard implementation.

Standard product method in analytics takes the following parameters.

s.products=[Category1];[Product1];[Quantity];[Total Price];[Incrementor];[Merchandising], [Category2];[Product2]; 

All you have to do set all the values applicable from the above list in category list page. specially if you can set category and product that will be very good for tracking.

I believe you can easily set the category in s,products on the category page. if you have multiple categories then just follow the syntax you will be good.

Read more at: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/products-variable-inside-omniture-sitecatalyst/

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jean-Paul Behren,

This is a very good question. I am sure you will be able to solve this by following a adobe standard implementation.

Standard product method in analytics takes the following parameters.

s.products=[Category1];[Product1];[Quantity];[Total Price];[Incrementor];[Merchandising], [Category2];[Product2]; 

All you have to do set all the values applicable from the above list in category list page. specially if you can set category and product that will be very good for tracking.

I believe you can easily set the category in s,products on the category page. if you have multiple categories then just follow the syntax you will be good.

Read more at: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/products-variable-inside-omniture-sitecatalyst/

Regards,

Amit

Level 3

I agree to track the category with an eVar on the category page because CVR will be from the merchandising instance page instead of the product page. In this case it would be Conversion Syntax type of merchandising eVar and I would set it outside the s.products because the product ID that a customer opens is not available at the time the eVar is set. 

So my follow-up question is: can I set this same Conversion Syntax eVar within the s.products string on the confirmation page? 

The scenario I'm trying to cover now is customers who load a Saved Cart on a different machine than they originally added the product to cart (ex: add to cart at work then login at home and retrieve Saved Cart). Omniture won't know what categories the products from the Saved cart belong to, and since there can be multiple products from multiple categories, I need to be able to specify the category at the product ID level. Makes sense?