Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to classify Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Asian languages properly?

Community Advisor

For those who import Classifications with Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters in the “Key” column, how do you do so?

This is what I did:

1. Classifications Importer > Browser Export > select the report suite and data set, configure all settings > use “UTF-8 to UTF-16" encoding > Export File
  2. In Windows, start Excel, create a new file. Data > Get Data > choose the downloaded SiteCatalyst Classifications.tab file > update the classifications (using English) > Save as Unicode Text (.txt)
  3. Classifications Importer > Import File > select the report suite and data set, choose my TXT file from step 2 > Overwrite data on conflicts > Import File

After waiting for 2 days, my Chinese keys are still unclassified :weary:

When I export my classifications again — even with “<Default>” encoding, I can see that my Chinese keys have the expected English classifications.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello, it needs to be UTF-8 with no BOM character encoding.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-importe...

I can confirm this as I have worked with Korean customers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Ouch... I haven't had to deal with those types of characters.. but that sounds horrible that the rules aren't working for you...

It sounds like the export is converting to UTF-16 but when the rules are re-imported, they go back to UTF-8?

Have you tried getting client care to open a ticket with the engineering team? This sounds like it might be a rather large issue / lack of support for the asian customers.....

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello, it needs to be UTF-8 with no BOM character encoding.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/classifications/classifications-importe...

I can confirm this as I have worked with Korean customers.

Community Advisor

Always good to have someone with real-world experience!