Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

How to calculate the visit to a page within a specific group, then to another page of that same group?

Level 1

Hi, 

I am trying to find a way to see who visited a page within a segment (group of page)

ex: a product page on a site

Then also visited another page of the same segment/group

ex: then an article page about said product

I created the segment (ex: page A,B,C,D) and I can easily see if someone visited any one of these pages once.

But upon using the "then" function for the same group, I do not know which of the 4 pages were visited and therefore if I use the same group, it is an automatic 100% visited because the same page could be counted twice.
I know it is a basic problem, but I do not know how to use a form of "page count" properly.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @NickBB , 

You can use flow charts to achieve the type of segmentation you are looking for.  

• First you create a flow that contains the journey you are looking for, then right click on the end point of that journey and "create a segment from this path".  
  • check the segment to ensure you are not accidentally capturing too many steps in your desired "then" statement.  
  • save

2024-05-29_08-03-48.jpg

2024-05-29_08-04-47.jpg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

I think you could do something similar to this with a fallout.  Here's an example from sandbox demo data.

First bar is all visitors (can be removed if desired)

2nd bar is those that had a page view on any category 1 page

3rd bar is those that had a 2nd page view on a category 1 page

4th bar is those that had a 3rd page view on a category 1 page

This can be scoped at the visit or visitor level

Josh__Stephens_0-1716930965356.png

Level 1

Hi, thanks for providing a solution.
I was debating if doing it this way would automatically keep the previous pages as counted and not include them in the next bar.
Technically if all my segments always include A/B/C/D, then seeing any of them just once, would forever trigger a hit. And if I first see page C, then page B, does it automatically calculates that these 2 pages were seen and the 3rd bar would basically only look if I also saw now A or D.

I hope I am making sense.

Community Advisor

Hi @NickBB, wondering why it gives 100% for you as it works well with me. The same segment is being used in a sequence segment with then in a visit container, it matches all combinations of any A/B/C/D to any A/B/C/D.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.10.59 PM.png

Level 1

I ended up trying this way as well, but with my segments.
I basically need to know if someone visited more than 1 page in my segment, and not forcibly in any particular order.
Example: Segment of 4 pages (A/B/C/D), I need to know how many saw 1 or 2 or 3 or all pages, regardless of their order. I presume this way achieves that by constantly putting the same 4 pages segment after each "then", and will ignore any pages previously counted in that segment?
If I saw page B first, then if I visited one of the segment's page after that, would only look into page A/C/D visits?
Then if I saw page A second, the "then" will now look only at visits for page C/D?

That would achieve what I am looking for.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @NickBB , 

You can use flow charts to achieve the type of segmentation you are looking for.  

• First you create a flow that contains the journey you are looking for, then right click on the end point of that journey and "create a segment from this path".  
  • check the segment to ensure you are not accidentally capturing too many steps in your desired "then" statement.  
  • save

2024-05-29_08-03-48.jpg

2024-05-29_08-04-47.jpg

Level 1

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I ended up using this a lot, for other data needs. 
Saves a lot of time and manually work, I appreciate you shared this