Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to calculate the visit to a page within a specific group, then to another page of that same group?

Level 1

Hi, 

I am trying to find a way to see who visited a page within a segment (group of page)

ex: a product page on a site

Then also visited another page of the same segment/group

ex: then an article page about said product

I created the segment (ex: page A,B,C,D) and I can easily see if someone visited any one of these pages once.

But upon using the "then" function for the same group, I do not know which of the 4 pages were visited and therefore if I use the same group, it is an automatic 100% visited because the same page could be counted twice.
I know it is a basic problem, but I do not know how to use a form of "page count" properly.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @NickBB , 

You can use flow charts to achieve the type of segmentation you are looking for.  

• First you create a flow that contains the journey you are looking for, then right click on the end point of that journey and "create a segment from this path".  
  • check the segment to ensure you are not accidentally capturing too many steps in your desired "then" statement.  
  • save

2024-05-29_08-03-48.jpg

2024-05-29_08-04-47.jpg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

I think you could do something similar to this with a fallout.  Here's an example from sandbox demo data.

First bar is all visitors (can be removed if desired)

2nd bar is those that had a page view on any category 1 page

3rd bar is those that had a 2nd page view on a category 1 page

4th bar is those that had a 3rd page view on a category 1 page

This can be scoped at the visit or visitor level

Josh__Stephens_0-1716930965356.png

Level 1

Hi, thanks for providing a solution.
I was debating if doing it this way would automatically keep the previous pages as counted and not include them in the next bar.
Technically if all my segments always include A/B/C/D, then seeing any of them just once, would forever trigger a hit. And if I first see page C, then page B, does it automatically calculates that these 2 pages were seen and the 3rd bar would basically only look if I also saw now A or D.

I hope I am making sense.

Community Advisor

Hi @NickBB, wondering why it gives 100% for you as it works well with me. The same segment is being used in a sequence segment with then in a visit container, it matches all combinations of any A/B/C/D to any A/B/C/D.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.10.59 PM.png

Level 1

I ended up trying this way as well, but with my segments.
I basically need to know if someone visited more than 1 page in my segment, and not forcibly in any particular order.
Example: Segment of 4 pages (A/B/C/D), I need to know how many saw 1 or 2 or 3 or all pages, regardless of their order. I presume this way achieves that by constantly putting the same 4 pages segment after each "then", and will ignore any pages previously counted in that segment?
If I saw page B first, then if I visited one of the segment's page after that, would only look into page A/C/D visits?
Then if I saw page A second, the "then" will now look only at visits for page C/D?

That would achieve what I am looking for.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @NickBB , 

You can use flow charts to achieve the type of segmentation you are looking for.  

• First you create a flow that contains the journey you are looking for, then right click on the end point of that journey and "create a segment from this path".  
  • check the segment to ensure you are not accidentally capturing too many steps in your desired "then" statement.  
  • save

2024-05-29_08-03-48.jpg

2024-05-29_08-04-47.jpg

Level 1

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I ended up using this a lot, for other data needs. 
Saves a lot of time and manually work, I appreciate you shared this