Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to calculate returning visitors in AA

Level 4

Hi Team,

How can I create calculated metric for returning visitors or do I need to create segment for this. If yes, how can I do that.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Bindu

You can create a segment as mentioned appropriately by Andrey. I am adding a few more ways to keep a track of new and repeat visitors. One way is to simply create the ‘rule’ in adobe launch by adding the extension Common Analytics Plugins. Attaching the screenshot of steps that you need to follow.

Pankaj_Sabharwal_0-1641979451770.png

Pankaj_Sabharwal_1-1641979451728.png

Then further you can set the variables as in the corresponding eVar that will store the new/Repeat visitor value.

Another way is to create a Data Element newRepeat and add the following code snippet :

var newRepeat = document.cookie.indexOf('s_nr') > -1;

if(newRepeat) {

return "Repeat";

} else {

return "New";

}

Pankaj_Sabharwal_2-1641979451751.png

It’ll help in tracking the returning visitors. Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Returning visitors are those whose Visit Number > 1.

Create a metric with the corresponding segment.

Employee

One point of clarification: Andrey's suggestion is spot on for finding users that have every been to your tracked property before. If the question is return visitors *during* the selected date range, you'll need to create a sequential segment to look for visitors that had more than 1 visit. 

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Bindu

You can create a segment as mentioned appropriately by Andrey. I am adding a few more ways to keep a track of new and repeat visitors. One way is to simply create the ‘rule’ in adobe launch by adding the extension Common Analytics Plugins. Attaching the screenshot of steps that you need to follow.

Pankaj_Sabharwal_0-1641979451770.png

Pankaj_Sabharwal_1-1641979451728.png

Then further you can set the variables as in the corresponding eVar that will store the new/Repeat visitor value.

Another way is to create a Data Element newRepeat and add the following code snippet :

var newRepeat = document.cookie.indexOf('s_nr') > -1;

if(newRepeat) {

return "Repeat";

} else {

return "New";

}

Pankaj_Sabharwal_2-1641979451751.png

It’ll help in tracking the returning visitors. Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks