Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How exclude IP Address from Adobe Data Collection (former Adobe Launch)

Level 3

Hi All,

I have an Adobe Analytics implementation and I wan to avoid to pay server calls for traffic generated from BOTs.

Reading documentation I see that exclude an IP by Analytics > Admin > All admin > Exclude by IP, filter IPs from reports but the hit is billed.

Is there any way to get and filter IP from Adobe Data Collection (former Adobe Launch) before the hit is sent to Adobe Analytics?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Alessandro

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@aleber Unfortunately, we cannot directly. Unless you can write a custom code in Launch to not fire the rule in those scenarios.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@aleber Unfortunately, we cannot directly. Unless you can write a custom code in Launch to not fire the rule in those scenarios.

Level 3

How can I get the IP from Launch? is there any variable containing it?

Level 2

Hi @aleber   Great question & unfortunately there isn't a easy way. 

If you have the list of BOT IP's try writing below custom code (doPlugins) and test. 

s.doPlugins = function(s) {
var ips = ['192.168.1.1', '10.0.0.2', '172.16.0.3']; // Add bot IP addresses to the array

// If there are any IP addresses in the array, abort
if (ips.length > 0) {
s.abort = true;
}
};
Doplugins is a function that you'd typically have in your Adobe Analytics extension.  It is the last thing that happens before a beacon is sent, so it kicks in after the analytics extension settings, and after any rules with adobe analytics actions.
By native only Datawarehouse feature in AA can provide IP details. 

Level 3

Hi,

my problem is: how get Visitor IP Address on Launch in order to match with list of BOT IP Addresses?

Is there any extension or method that allow to me to get Visitor IP Address from Data Collection?

Regards,

Alessandro