Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I upload and use a client's data if I am 3rd party?

Level 1

Hi,

I work for an analytics company and we are working with a client who uses Adobe to manage their marketing campaigns. For example, they select whom to email with what message. We'd like to build predictive models for them, which could then be used for targeting those emails via Adobe's cloud. How should we do this?

For example:

• Can I uplouad data via an API like this?
  • Or, is it easier to upload data via an SFTP, like this?
  • Or, do I have to be listed as one of the known partners already?
  • If I don't have to be listed, is it easy to get access, as long as my client agrees? Would that cost more? Is there a delay between applying for the access and getting it, etc.?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Ideally you'd be using a Data Connectors integration to accomplish this. There are a lot of existing integrations, but if yours is not listed, you can still use a generic data connector.

The basic concept is that the user who has access to the Analytics UI creates a data connector integration. Once created, they are provided with a spreadsheet template and FTP location the data should be uploaded to. From there, you could upload that data to the FTP site so it can be processed for use in Adobe Analytics.

Those steps are quite simplified, and usually Data Connectors integrations involve a consultant to make sure things are done right. The Adobe Analytics user has an account manager they can contact to see if this is a route they want to explore with you.

See here for Data Connectors integration documentation: https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/documentation/genesis/c-overview-how-it-works

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Ideally you'd be using a Data Connectors integration to accomplish this. There are a lot of existing integrations, but if yours is not listed, you can still use a generic data connector.

The basic concept is that the user who has access to the Analytics UI creates a data connector integration. Once created, they are provided with a spreadsheet template and FTP location the data should be uploaded to. From there, you could upload that data to the FTP site so it can be processed for use in Adobe Analytics.

Those steps are quite simplified, and usually Data Connectors integrations involve a consultant to make sure things are done right. The Adobe Analytics user has an account manager they can contact to see if this is a route they want to explore with you.

See here for Data Connectors integration documentation: https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/documentation/genesis/c-overview-how-it-works