Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Adobe Analytics not displaying data when triggering a custom event via Data Collection

Level 2

I need to create a custom event through the custom code in the Data Collection rule. To do this, I first enabled event 38 in Adobe Analytics (image 1). Then, within Data Collection, I added the code snippet to the Purchase rule, assigning it to event 38 (image 2). Interestingly, when testing, the s.products variable shows the calculation for this event (image 3), but the data is not being sent to Adobe Analytics. We need your help to review this issue.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

You need to send the beacon at the end as well after setting the variables then data will be sent to Adobe Analytics for reporting

Community Advisor

Hi @Krozi ,

as @JyotiSharmaV mentioned, are you certain you are sendin the analytics request with the appropriate AppMeasurement action?

If not, maybe a good idea to add some more screenshots (ideally directly in the richtext box, not as attachments).

Also be aware that if you are setting props/eVars/products through custom code, you must add them to the s.linkTrackVars to attach them to a later send action.

// for example, appended a bunch of information to be tracked
s.linkTrackVars = "eVar1,eVar2,events,channel,products";

See also the documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/linktrackvars

Hope that helps

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Switzerland!