Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

How do I filter to the None channel in my Marketing Channel filters?

Level 2

In my marketing channel reporting, I have the default channel labeled None (essentially everything that doesn't meet any of my processing rules). However, when I create a segment/filter on None, I don't get the None channel. I get literally nothing. How can I actually filter to None?

JayGr_0-1715794130990.png

JayGr_1-1715794373013.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Somebody else here at Adobe (above my paygrade) will have to figure out why the "None" value in the filter produces nothing.  In the meantime, you can create a separate dropdown with two other segments to get what you're looking at.  Not ideal, I know, but it's the only thing I can think of.   See the attached screenshots.  

Segment #1:

kenmckell_0-1715959493614.png

Segment #2:

kenmckell_1-1715959534014.png

Using the second dropdown:

kenmckell_2-1715959565257.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

HI @JayGr 

can you post a screenshot of the filter overlay please? Any other value like "Email" shows data?

I wonder if your None in some way collides with the checkbox for "Include unspecified (none)"

bjoern_k_0-1715804315404.png

Have you tried pulling your marketing channels in the segment bar at the top of your Panel (whilst keeping shift pressed to create a dropdown with your Marketing Channel values).

Does segmentation through that work?

bjoern_k_1-1715804447261.png

Cheers

Level 2

Well it appears I don't see None in Marketing Channel segmentation at all. So that could be an indicator of the problem as I'm trying to create segments based on None. But Adobe's consultants advised us to remove Direct as a channel and instead use None as "Direct" because apparently Direct screws up the data somehow they didn't really explain, but made it sound very serious that it was the right way to do it.

My original question (though I assume related) centered more around the filters:

JayGr_0-1715805994512.png

Level 7

Hmm and if you try the segment approach I mentioned? Just to validate whether this would work

Level 6

Its strange. It should work in segmentation/filter. 

As @bjoern__koth  said, you can apply that segment at the top of your Panel as a filter.

Hit level Segment

Marketing Channel equals None.

Level 2

That's what I'm saying. That doesn't work. It gives me nothing and not None.

JayGr_0-1715866717875.png

Level 7

Hey @JayGr 

I would open a ticket at Adobe support. This looks really strange. Maybe they can shed some more light on the issue.

Would be great to share their feedback here.

Thx

Correct answer by
Employee

Somebody else here at Adobe (above my paygrade) will have to figure out why the "None" value in the filter produces nothing.  In the meantime, you can create a separate dropdown with two other segments to get what you're looking at.  Not ideal, I know, but it's the only thing I can think of.   See the attached screenshots.  

Segment #1:

kenmckell_0-1715959493614.png

Segment #2:

kenmckell_1-1715959534014.png

Using the second dropdown:

kenmckell_2-1715959565257.png