Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How can I track SEO-Keywords in Adobe

Level 5

My SEO-Team would like to get SEO-Keywords in Adobe Analytics. And I know in GA it is possible by using different plugins. Does anyone know how to get SEO Keywords into Adobe Analytics?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, there certainly is a way to do this, but it requires additional implementation in order to correctly track data.

I'd recommend using a list prop, which allows you to collect multiple values in a single variable.

If you have a data layer, you can grab the SEO keywords from there. If not, you'd need to references the JS variable or DOM element they're in. Ultimately, you'll want each page to define your prop as a single string with your SEO keywords separated by a semicolon.

If you have a public URL where you'd like to collect SEO keywords, let me know the URL and the SEO keyword location(s). We'd be happy to provide a bit more context as to what the code would look like and how it would be best implemented.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, there certainly is a way to do this, but it requires additional implementation in order to correctly track data.

I'd recommend using a list prop, which allows you to collect multiple values in a single variable.

If you have a data layer, you can grab the SEO keywords from there. If not, you'd need to references the JS variable or DOM element they're in. Ultimately, you'll want each page to define your prop as a single string with your SEO keywords separated by a semicolon.

If you have a public URL where you'd like to collect SEO keywords, let me know the URL and the SEO keyword location(s). We'd be happy to provide a bit more context as to what the code would look like and how it would be best implemented.

Level 5

But how would it be possible to get to know the SEO-Keyword? Isnt it right now not really possible since 2011 due to conduction over SSL? We are not using a Tag Management due to serverside tracking? Could you give me more of an example how to figure out the SEO-keyword.

I am mostly talking about Google SEO-Keywords.

Employee Advisor

Oh, you're referring to search keywords, not SEO-keywords. SEO stands for search engine optimization, which are measures that you put in place to ensure your content is surfaced to the top of search engines. You place SEO keywords in your site's meta data or on the page itself so it can be properly indexed by search engine crawlers.

If you're looking for organic search keywords, I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done right now. Google no longer passes search keyword data period, which means that no analytics tools can collect this data from Google. Some other search engines might still pass this data along though.

Also, if you have more information on the plugin(s) that allow search keyword data to be collected in GA, I am genuinely interested.

Level 5

there is a solution like keyword heros for Google. Adobe should start thinking of that as well. Because it would be helpfull for the SEO team not only to have their SEO pages but as weel their search keywords in Adobe.