Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How can I build a segment that shows views of campaigns in the homepage of my site?

Level 1

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there's the possibility to build a segment that tracks people who click and visit the campaigns that are appearing in the homepage of my site. 

Basically what I want to track are impressions and other metrics coming from clicks on the current campaigns that we show on the homepage. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@lchirico If you are capturing the value of campaign in an evar or a prop and create a hit based segment with the value and apply reporting to see the link clicks, orders, visits metrics to report the same

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi you need to verify 2 things...

Your current campaigns are they hosted locally on your website?(like local banners or links)

Do you also need to capture external banner/link campaigns simultaneously?

Also impression is more an ad banner serving metrics so depending on how you display locally may have to use another metric...

Level 1

I'm only interested in campaigns on the homepage, which are hosted locally. 

You are right, I don't really need impressions, but mostly visits to homepage's campaigns and maybe revenues out of that visit

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@lchirico If you are capturing the value of campaign in an evar or a prop and create a hit based segment with the value and apply reporting to see the link clicks, orders, visits metrics to report the same

Hope this helps