Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How are the props created and populated? Error messages?

Level 6

I can see there is a prop which gets populated with error messages but I dont see any other props created or allotted for Exit error messages, entry error messages, error message type etc. Now how are these created and what do they track?

prop.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Based on what I see here:

"Error Messages" is a prop (as @yuhuisg said, that has pathing enabled on it)

This creates the "Exit" and "Entry" variations... (first and last value in this prop within the visit)

"Error Message Type" looks like a classification rule created from the "Error Messages" prop. You can tell that this is a classification, because instead of seeing "(prop*)", you instead see the name of the prop in the parenthesis "(Error Message)"

This rule is likely using the Classification Rule builder, which you can check the rules to populate it by going to Admin > Classification Rule Builder (if you don't have admin rights, you can always ask your admin about what they have configured.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

See https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/prop.html#value-of-props-ove... in particular, this line:

• When you enable pathing on a prop, Entry and Exit dimensions immediately become available. If you want entry and exit dimensions for eVars, you can manually create a segment.

So, you need to enable Pathing in the Traffic Variables setting in the Report Suite settings. This can be done by your AA admin.

Level 6

Its already  turned on in prop.

1) How to create this in evar by custom segment / how does the segment look like?

Community Advisor

If Pathing is already enabled in the prop, then check your report suite. Are you using a Virtual Report Suite? If so, it could be that these Entry/Exit-related dimensions have been hidden in the VRS.

1) Firstly, you don't "create" eVars with a custom segment. A segment uses your existing eVars/props/metrics as conditions and return the data that matches those conditions.

If you want to have an eVar that tracks the same values as these error-related props, then you need to update your implementation to duplicate the props' values into appropriate eVars, or use Processing Rules to copy the props' values into appropriate eVars.

2) You'll need to look at your implementation. Props (and eVars) get their values from your implementation. AA does not auto-populate them in any way whatsoever.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Based on what I see here:

"Error Messages" is a prop (as @yuhuisg said, that has pathing enabled on it)

This creates the "Exit" and "Entry" variations... (first and last value in this prop within the visit)

"Error Message Type" looks like a classification rule created from the "Error Messages" prop. You can tell that this is a classification, because instead of seeing "(prop*)", you instead see the name of the prop in the parenthesis "(Error Message)"

This rule is likely using the Classification Rule builder, which you can check the rules to populate it by going to Admin > Classification Rule Builder (if you don't have admin rights, you can always ask your admin about what they have configured.