Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Home to checkout conversion rate

Level 1

Hi there, how are you doing?

We're a SAAS company and we currently have two paths for people to initiate checkout and subscribe: straight from the homepage or from our pricing page.

I'd like to know how to set up a metric to get specifically the homepage to checkout rate. I was able to come closer to what I want by creating a metric that divides all of the people that initiated checkout by all of the people who visited the homepage, though that's not entirely accurate because in this case I'd be including the people who initiated checkout from the pricing page as well.

Besides, the last example also doesn't work because it should actually be a session based metric, so I only count people who initiated checkout from the homepage in one single session.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Community Advisor

This might best be done with sequential segments: one for your homepage > checkout path, the other for your pricing page > checkout path. With those 2 segments, you can then report on their respective conversion rates.

Level 1
Thank you, I'll try it out and let you know how it goes!

Level 8
Level 8

Try to create 2 segments at [Visit] Level.

1. Initiate CO from Homepage, then Exclude visited/initiated from Pricing Page, then reached the CO page

2. Initiate CO from Pricing Page, then reached the CO page

about how you define "initiate" CO, may by activity map? or just visited the page, you may provide more information.

Level 1
Thank you, I'll try it out and see how it goes!