Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Help: how do I determine the s.campaign parameter if I haven't got access to Code?

Level 2

I'm starting a new project in setting up the marketing operations for a big company. However, no one in marketing was present when Adobe Analytics was installed and they didn't even know what s.campaign is. I've been trying to get IT to help me but it's taking them a long time to even respond to a ticket request. Is there a way using a debugger to determine which s.campaign parameter to use to track my Adobe campaign URLs? I've tested cid, pid, etc but nothing seems to be tracking. I did check the Experience Cloud Debugger and there is an instance of AppMeasurer installed. Any help here would be very much appreciated so I'm not blocked by this. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Below is list of query string parameters your Adobe Analytics implementation is configured for:

• nid - Campaign Title (eVar10)
  • eid - Campaign Type (eVar11)
  • scid - Social Campaign ID (eVar61)

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Juan,

Could share a link to the JS library so that we will have a look at what URL parameter is mapped to s.campaign?

Level 2

I'm sorry..I'm not following. Are you saying I should share a typical link: www.landingpage.com  to the JS library? Are you referring to AppMeasurement? Unfortunately, the only tools I have available are the js console or the debugger. Can you help clarify your answer?

Level 10

I was referring to AppMeasurement or any other library used for Adobe Analytics tracking implementation. If you could share a website link, it will be enough.

Level 2

I understand. What if I don't have permissions to view the library nor does anyone in the marketing ops team? Where else would you turn? What else could you do? I'm reading through console code and can only view that AppMeasurement js is being used but that's about it:(

Level 10

Are you comfortable with sharing a link?

If not, debug the JS library, look for where the s.campaign variable is set...

Level 2

Thanks, I just DM'd you with a link.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Below is list of query string parameters your Adobe Analytics implementation is configured for:

• nid - Campaign Title (eVar10)
  • eid - Campaign Type (eVar11)
  • scid - Social Campaign ID (eVar61)