Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Heads-up about the Adobe s.getTimeParting plugin

Level 4

Hello all and happy new year.

Just a heads up for a critical issue I had to fix here on Sunday morning.  The vast majority of our sites and properties are unaffected because we're using the WebSDK and all new code, however there are a few places where we have some old legacy AppMeasurement.js stuff, which itself is an evolution of some ancient s_code stuff that pre-dates my time here at my company

Anyway, the s.getTimeParting plugin uses a somewhat hacky solution to determine Daylight saving time using an s._tpDST object with date ranges for each year. Apparently, our implementation doesn't support years beyond 2021, so starting yesterday (1 January 2022), Analytics for the affected pages stopped working.

Fixing it was easy, just add an entry for 2022, but I wanted to make everyone aware in case it might impact your implementation as well

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Thank you for posting this, @jgrubbs 

Has the issue been acknowledged by Adobe?

Level 4

@Kishore_Reddy  Unfortunately I haven't seen any acknowledgement or any special notes in the product update emails, unless I missed it somehow. I hope anyone that was affected got it sorted out.