Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Geographic data discrepancies between Amazon DSP & Adobe Analytics - An idea why ?

Level 1

Hello Community,

I work in programmatic advertising field since 2y now for a Belgian advertising agency. We us Amazon DSP since 5 months now, and came across a particular situation.

Setup Amazon : Display Web desktop+app / Own&Operate + Amazon Publisher Services + 3rd party data.

After 2 weeks of data, we noticed in DCM and Adobe Analytics that most of the traffic is out-of-geo (only Belgium is targeted in Amazon DSP though) and same situation for Adobe visits.

Side note : no amazon.be exist at this time, it will come but at the moment, not available. amazon.nl with associated advertiser allows us to target the dutch speaking part of the country and amazon.fr, the french speaking one.

The thing is that when exporting geo data report from Amazon, all impressions occured in BE, 99%. While in the meantime, Adobe visits are mostly coming from outside of BE.

Would you have an idea of how this situation can happen ? Have you already experienced such situation in the past ?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you !

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
4 Replies

Community Advisor

Well, if both Adobe Analytics and DCM (Google) are reporting traffic from outside Belgium, then it suggests that something is wrong with Amazon's targeting. I suggest that you bring this up with your Amazon account manager.

Level 1

Hello Yuhuisg, 

Actually, targeting on Amazon Side was strictly focused on Belgium + Amazon report confirming that 99% of impressions were targeted in Belgium, hence my interrogation.
Thanks 

Adobe Champion

I think what the previous commenter is saying is that the targeting isn't working correctly on the Amazon side. The geo for AA and DoubleClick are going to be based on IP. Amazon is probably reporting intended targeting, something in the settings. In this instance, AA is acting as an audit, and the audit is telling you that Amazon is broken. I completely agree you should take this up with your Amazon account manager and bring your AA reporting as proof that something is wrong.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi please see my comment a bit further down in this thread.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/running-a-campaign-only-i...

GLTU