Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Form Tracking

Level 7

Hi Community,

Hoping for a bit of advice regarding form tracking:

At present we have a form on our website where each page fires a success event for example page 1 fires "form loaded", first field of the form fires "form started", page 2 fires "form page 2" event and so on till the submit button at the end fires "form completed", as each of these events fires the eVar with the name of the form and the page name is fired too. 

We are implementing a new form and I am undecided as to wether or not to reuse the same events or not as the event names would have to be generic and therefore any conversion funnels would have generic names that would not be understood by the wider business.

Would it then be better to have each page of each form have a unique event or am I overthinking this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I would suggest simply having a Form ID or Name eVar and using the same Form success events.  You can then filter your conversion funnel by that eVar or use Segmentation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

I would suggest simply having a Form ID or Name eVar and using the same Form success events.  You can then filter your conversion funnel by that eVar or use Segmentation.