Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

First Touch Channel: Two ReportSuites Disagree

Level 5

I have implemented multi-suite tagging for some of our web properties:

ReportSuiteA: PropertyA

ReportSuiteB: PropertyB

ReportSuiteC: PropertyA & PropertyB

All three ReportSuites have the same Paid Search Detection Rules, Marketing Channels and Marketing Channel Processing Rules

ReportSuiteA is for our landing pages and shows 42% for Paid Search and 18% for Social Networks.

When I segment ReportSuiteC to only show what's in ReportSuiteA it shows 63% for Internal and Social Networks isn't even on the list.

Why is this? and how can I fix it?

Two two reports are attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ali,

Do you have marketing channels for ReportSuites A and B defined as traffic referred from pages within the other property?

Check your Visit Number = 1 entry pages for ReportSuiteC (without your PropertyA Segment) with 1st touch channel Social. If the entry pages are PropertyA pages, then yes, something may be odd, but if those entry pages are PropertyB pages then you've discovered that your initial contact with a visitor through social is bypassing your landing pages.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Ali, this is probably something that requires specific details, such as the report suite ID's in question + the URL's these report suites are implemented on. Obviously there's a large difference here, it's just a matter of looking at the implementation and report suite settings to find out what that difference is.

If you're willing to provide those RSID's and URL's here, you're more than welcome to. Alternatively you can create a ticket with Customer Care to review the differences in a non-public environment.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ali,

Do you have marketing channels for ReportSuites A and B defined as traffic referred from pages within the other property?

Check your Visit Number = 1 entry pages for ReportSuiteC (without your PropertyA Segment) with 1st touch channel Social. If the entry pages are PropertyA pages, then yes, something may be odd, but if those entry pages are PropertyB pages then you've discovered that your initial contact with a visitor through social is bypassing your landing pages.