Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Finding out occurrence of timeout error

Level 2

Dear all,

For a site that has AA implemented, is there a way to see whether a certain page has shown a timeout error for a part of its content (which grabs some data from a csv file dynamically)?

Please advise, thank you in advance.

Best,

Roxie 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

AA does not track timeouts automatically.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor
Do you mean that you want to a) track those timeout errors to AA, or b) find the pages where AA is causing the timeout?

Level 2
@yuhuisg Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the confusion. We have a certain page that has caused timeout error due to traffic more than expected. I want to know if the timeout error which occurred in the past is tracked by AA (standard metrics or so) without any customized implementation to track the error specifically.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

AA does not track timeouts automatically.

Level 2
@yuhuisg Thank you for the answer. I wonder if it is possible to deduce the occurrence of timeout error based on other standard metrics which AA tracks?

Community Advisor
@Roxie423 I don't think so. AA's tracking ultimately depends on the browser being able to run AA's JavaScript scripts. For example, if your AA Pageview beacon is sent when the browser has finished loading the page, then the timeout would prevent the browser from completely loading the page, and then your browser would not be able to send the AA beacon.

Level 2
@yuhuisg Thank you for the explanation. I guess it highly depends on the specific website but I wonder other than tracking with AA, what would be some general options to investigate the influence of timeout error in the past? Just out of curiosity of course.

Community Advisor
AA probably isn't the best tool for this. There should be website monitoring software that your DevOps / IT might already be using that has such data.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?

Level 2
@jantzen_b It seems that standard AA metrics do not track the timeout error hence other means needs to be used.

Level 10
Thanks for the update. Sorry the answer wasn't what you were looking for. I've marked @yuhuisg's answer as correct.