Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Filtering values (higher or lower than threshold)

Level 2

Hi there, 

I have a freeform table with unique visitor as a metric and dimension (evar) as a row, I'd like to exclude all rows with UVs <5000. when I try to build that segment through the filter configuration located at the top of the panel, "unique visitor" is not an available option in metric list, and when I selected "visits" as an alternative (due to it's similarity) and build a filter out of it,  the table does not return any results. how can I fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can't really do this... 

Someone had an almost identical question the other day: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/segment-to-display-only-p...

Basically, the best I could do was suggest creating a calculated metric using the IF function in conjunction with the Less Than and Equal To / Greater Than and Equal To functions.

The rows will still show, but anything outside of your threshold will show 0 instead of the metric value.

Segments are Hit, Visit or Visitor based, (i.e. Hits that are X, Visits that contain Y OR a an individual user that has done something Z) so you cannot segment by pages that have X Visitors... it's just not how segment were designed to work.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can't really do this... 

Someone had an almost identical question the other day: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/segment-to-display-only-p...

Basically, the best I could do was suggest creating a calculated metric using the IF function in conjunction with the Less Than and Equal To / Greater Than and Equal To functions.

The rows will still show, but anything outside of your threshold will show 0 instead of the metric value.

Segments are Hit, Visit or Visitor based, (i.e. Hits that are X, Visits that contain Y OR a an individual user that has done something Z) so you cannot segment by pages that have X Visitors... it's just not how segment were designed to work.

Level 2

Thanks, this is a half-way solution though, because it does not filter out the rows. It is quite surprising that how such a basic filtering rule is not available/applicable as a built-in function in Adobe!!

Community Advisor

Agreed.. Given the number of this type of request I think I should file an idea.

Community Advisor

I have posted an idea, feel free to add comments/additions to how you would like it to work, and upvote it so that maybe it will get picked up to work on:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/add-the-ability-to-filter-fre... 

Level 2

How can I upvote? would you pls guide me, I can ask my peers to do the same if it can help to escalate it. Thank you! 

Community Advisor

All you have to do is "Like" the Idea.

It's not immediately obvious that this is the "vote" metric... but it is what it is

Community Advisor

I should mention there is no guarantee... but higher voted ideas get more attention.