Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Filtered dates still show

Level 2

I have a segment that only counts visits to a specific URL prior to May 1, 2022. However, when I set the panel time frame to June 1, 2022 to present day those visits STILL show. This inflates my visit # count for the month of June since it's showing months prior -- why is this happening and how can I fix it?

natmcd99_0-1655931996267.png

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you using any segment data that is date based or visitor? perhaps a look at segment itself could help us to help you.

Also if you are using a visit based segment could you change it to be hit based for those pages you have in question. Eliminate any carried over visitors from previous month.

Level 2

natmcd99_0-1656006389805.png

this is a look at the segment, I'm looking to capture visitors in Quarters starting May '22 and Exclude visitors prior to May '22. I have it at the hit level already

Community Advisor

In just briefly viewing your segment, your second piece looks like you're including Q1 thru Q4 of FY-22.  Whether or not that includes May '22, I cannot answer unless I know the exact contents of your FY calendar, but I would venture to say your segment is LIKELY including May '22???

jeff_bloomer_1-1656011619222.png

Jeff Bloomer

Community Advisor

Agree with @Pablo_Childe, it's all about the segment and the container controls.

Jeff Bloomer

Community Advisor

Dear natmcd99,

Your segment includes 'date ranges' and 'data ranges' are independent of the date selection you make in your Workspace.

Se the example, below, I have included a 'date range' this year with my workspace data selection. Though my data selection is May 2022, we should see this year's data.

Segment

PratheepArunRaj_1-1656176391948.png

PratheepArunRaj_2-1656176467814.png

So, try to exclude the 'date ranges' from the segment to compare and extend. 

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics