Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Fallout Report Numbers

Level 1

Hello, I would like to use the Fallout report to look at continue rates on our website, but I was trying to double check the numbers and am arriving at inconsistencies.  How exactly are the Fallout report's numbers arrived at?  

For example, I'm trying to find the fall through rates for Page A and Page B, which have several pages in between them in the flow.  I tried recreating the Fallout report using the Visits report and segmenting on (Page A, THEN Page B), but while my total visits to Page A are equal for both Visits and Fallout, my numbers for visits that end up on Page B are double the amount on the Visits report than the Fallout report.

Is there a reason behind this inconsistency?  What would be the correct way to create the Fallout report in the Visits report?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The fallout report's path must be exactly followed without any pages in between. This is most likely what you're seeing the differences in the other reports.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The fallout report's path must be exactly followed without any pages in between. This is most likely what you're seeing the differences in the other reports.

Level 3

Gigazelle wrote...

I am not sure if this is a accurate statement.  When viewing a fallout report you can see next steps before the specific item (in ad-hoc).  This documentation also mentions that "eventually" saw the specific item: 

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/reports_fallout.html

I think this statement would be true for path reporting.  

I am trying to get to the bottom of a similar question: When using the segment generated in the AdHoc reporting fallout module, it gives me a different visits total when I apply the segment in a trended report.  

Former Community Member

This is definitely not true.... the funnel is not strict.  In Ad Hoc you can view what pages visits hit next prior to hitting the next step in the fallout.   You can also use fallouts at the visitor level with Ad Hoc... across multiple visits.