Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Fallout page totals visit deduplication?

Level 4

In the Fallout visualization, you can right click on a touchpoint and select "Breakdown fallout at this touchpoint."  The result is a table (below) that lists alternate touchpoints rather than the desired one.  I was going through this report with a user the other day a realized that the total was lower than adding up the visits for each page.  Generally Analytics de-duplicates visits and the like in these circumstances.  Because each fallout scenario is based on visits (not visitors in this case), I'm not clear of one where de-duplication is necessary.  Shouldn't each visit be discrete?

Does anyone know of a simple example to convey to my users?

1731225_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi aablank2,

This number is designed to show the Total. This is why it's a deduplicated number of Visits.

If you are eager to see the sum of line items, build a calculated metric with the Cumulative function and add Visits as a parameter. This will give you what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi aablank2,

This number is designed to show the Total. This is why it's a deduplicated number of Visits.

If you are eager to see the sum of line items, build a calculated metric with the Cumulative function and add Visits as a parameter. This will give you what you are looking for.

Level 4

This doesn't quite address my question.

If the report is supposed to show the just the next page of a given sequence, how can there ever be duplication?  What's an example where there are two sequences where duplication exists and the report must account for it?

Level 2

I am struggling with same question. How do I explain the fallout number as it does not add up between the two steps (starts and completes) I've identified in the fallout report.

Level 2

I am struggling with same question. How do I explain the fallout number as it does not add up between the two steps (starts and completes) I've identified in the fallout report.