Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fallout 'next hit' query

Level 2

Hi all,

having a little bit of trouble with a fallout report.

We currently have 2 pages with 'next hit' query set between them. the first pages looks right but the fallout is extremely high. In the journey they are directly next door.

When creating a sequential segment 'a>b within 1 page view' the number of visits makes more sense and doesn't correspond at all with the fallout report.

I appreciate hits and page views are a different thing, but why might this be happening to my fallout report? Is there anything i need to be aware of in my tagging? I cannot see anything firing after page view in debugger.

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Create a segment with the criteria "within one hit" and the result will match the Fallout.

I would presume there are some s.tl() calls firing on the first page before the second page loads. That must be happening often but not always.

Share the URLs of page A and B, we'll look into that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Create a segment with the criteria "within one hit" and the result will match the Fallout.

I would presume there are some s.tl() calls firing on the first page before the second page loads. That must be happening often but not always.

Share the URLs of page A and B, we'll look into that.