Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Fall out success rate differs between [start-multiple steps-end] and [start-end] steps

Level 1

Hi Adobe experts out there,

I have the registration process which is start -> put your name -> phone number -> complete (let's make it simple..). If I use fall out report with all the steps, total success rate is 70%. (10% of users got fell off during each steps). 

However, if I make fall out report with only start -> complete, the total success rate becomes 80%.  

When viewing a fallout report you can see next steps before the specific item (in ad-hoc).  This documentation also mentions that "eventually" saw the specific item: 

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/reports_fallout.html

Since a user cannot proceed from start to complete directly (users had to go through name, phone number to reach 'complete') the success rate should be same for both cases. But why is this different?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

To troubleshoot this anomaly I would want you to look into the Next Page report starting with the 'start' page and look if there is a possible way to bypass the registration process somehow. You could also look into the next pages for the 'put your name' and 'phone number' pages. Let me know if you find any possible lead from there. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

To troubleshoot this anomaly I would want you to look into the Next Page report starting with the 'start' page and look if there is a possible way to bypass the registration process somehow. You could also look into the next pages for the 'put your name' and 'phone number' pages. Let me know if you find any possible lead from there. Thanks!

Tanmay