Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Experience Cloud Visitor ID - get new one after 30 minutes

Level 2

Hi, we found out that even with a cookie-lifetime of 2 years, our Experience Cloud Visitor ID changes after 30 minutes of inactivity on our page. Do you know why this is happend and how we can change this? I think the Experience Cloud Visitor ID should stay the same for a user until he deletes the cookies, right? 

Thanks,

Sophie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just be careful as sometimes VPNs or Proxies may change the users cookies and make then be perceived as they killed their cookies or seen as a new machine.

Verify this user wasn't using any VPN or proxy. Eliminate how they connect if possible just use a regular static line. Also users on certain company networks users unknowingly using something called "Vlans"(IT way to connect users to switches) may also cause them to report oddly back to Adobe.

good luck

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@sophieg10675163 - Your understanding is correct. Ideally, the ECID shouldn't change until the browser is changed or cookies are deleted. Could you check again?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just be careful as sometimes VPNs or Proxies may change the users cookies and make then be perceived as they killed their cookies or seen as a new machine.

Verify this user wasn't using any VPN or proxy. Eliminate how they connect if possible just use a regular static line. Also users on certain company networks users unknowingly using something called "Vlans"(IT way to connect users to switches) may also cause them to report oddly back to Adobe.

good luck

Level 2

Thank you. I will check it again and also check it without VPN. Only to make sure I look at the right ID. At the moment I check the Experience Cloud Visitor ID in the Debugger or is this wrong? 

sophieg10675163_0-1634135787407.png

Employee Advisor

Yes, that is correct. Alternatively, you can also check using the browser's developer console. Below is a screenshot for your reference.

ishans52004352_0-1634135982026.png