Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Exclude Range Of IP Addresses Using Regex?

Level 4

Hi,

I want to exclude a range of IP addresses in a particular report suite.

If the starting address of the range is 1.1.1.64 and end is 1.1.1.95, the regex would translate to:

^1\.1\.1\.(6[4-9]|[7-8][0-9]|9[0-5])$

as per this tool here: https://www.analyticsmarket.com/freetools/ipregex/

In AA > Admin > Exclude by IP section, how can I enter this regex. This is what I can see on my screen.

Capture.JPG

Any help with this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The IP exclusion currently does not support the regex, you can use the * as a wildcard to exclude the range of IP.

so in your case you would need to add them manually or you can have Vista Rule which can be setup by ES team which would be through professional services.

Some other methods are explained here: Adobe Analytics Help | How to exclude data in Adobe Analytics

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The IP exclusion currently does not support the regex, you can use the * as a wildcard to exclude the range of IP.

so in your case you would need to add them manually or you can have Vista Rule which can be setup by ES team which would be through professional services.

Some other methods are explained here: Adobe Analytics Help | How to exclude data in Adobe Analytics

Level 4

Hi Ankit,

Thanks.

If we had to do this via wildcard operator in AA > Admin section, how would we do this?

Employee Advisor

so in your case it will be separate for each IP, when you use * wildcard it will include the complete Octet means from 0 to 255. I don;t think wild card would be helpful here either.

Hope that helps.