Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

eVars not showing as option in Reports

Level 2

I have defined a series of custom eVars and can see them in the debugger, however they are not available as an option in Reports. What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey @bobc76334831 - Can you double check if the evars are enabled in the report suite ? Sometimes it is enabled in the dev report suites and disabled in prod, may be this is a basic check, but didn't want to assume. Also, lyou can go to Key Metrics report and check the actual latency for the report suite in question, as seen below.

RaawiMahendru_0-1645032157224.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi @bobc76334831,

The custom eVar values that you see in the debugger is not immediately available in Analytics Workspace and Reports.

It can take upto 2 hours to reflect in the reporting depending on the latency on your report suite.

Other things that you should consider checking:

• if correct tracking server is configured
  • if the data is being sent to the correct report suite
  • if the eVar is enabled for that report suite

Hope this helps! 

Employee

Hi @bobc76334831! Generally, a variable (prop or evar) need up to 90 minutes for appear in report. However, if you want the value immediately, please confirm on Report & Analytics with "Include Current Data". 

Please confirm below URL about Current Data as well.

- Current Data

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/reports-analytics/current-data.html?lang=e...

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey @bobc76334831 - Can you double check if the evars are enabled in the report suite ? Sometimes it is enabled in the dev report suites and disabled in prod, may be this is a basic check, but didn't want to assume. Also, lyou can go to Key Metrics report and check the actual latency for the report suite in question, as seen below.

RaawiMahendru_0-1645032157224.png