Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

eVar's Expiration date

Level 1

https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/2.0/guides/endpoints/dimensions/
Is there a way to know the eVar’s Expiration date on Dimensions? I’m trying to pull that data point

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So evar dimension duration, type and related definitions all lie under Admin, report suites, conversion variables.

Each evar will have all pertinent lifecycle information you want.

GLTU

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So evar dimension duration, type and related definitions all lie under Admin, report suites, conversion variables.

Each evar will have all pertinent lifecycle information you want.

GLTU

Community Advisor

It's not specifically mentioned, but I believe that @Mtaatgen is actually trying to retrieve the information all via the API, rather than manually pulling by looking in the Admin panel...

On an automated pull of data, this would provide up-to-date information about the dimensions at the time (likely paired with other API calls) so that they can see any updated changes immediately.

Level 1

That is correct, I'm looking at the response from the API calls

Level 10

You might try dropping a ticket to Customer Care with the question. They can confirm if this is not possible.

Community Advisor

That's odd... I would expect expiry should be there.. they seem to have everything else (even tags)... Have you tested this yet? I wonder if it's just missing from the documentation but is actually avaialble?

It seems really strange to not include that field, given how critical it is to understanding the behaviour of the dimension....

Level 1

Yup, I've tried making the endpoint request and have not received anything in regards to expiration 

Community Advisor

Ok, then I agree with @RobertBlakeley I think a ticket to Client Care is in order... you might also log this as an Idea/Feature Request... this feels like an oversight.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/idb-p/adobe-analytics-ideas