Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

eVar expiration

Level 5

Hi team,

I have an eVar with Allocation -  Most recent(Last) & expire after "Purchase" event. So my question is how long eVar will persist if purchase event is not happening in the same visit.

Also if new eVar value is generated then old eVar value will get the allocation or new eVar value.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The evar value will persist until the purchase event occurs. Also, with the Most Recent (Last) allocation, the last (new) evar value will get credit for the purchase event.

So, if evar1 captures the following in the order -> A -> B -> C -> purchase event

Then, C will get credit for the purchase event.

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The evar value will persist until the purchase event occurs. Also, with the Most Recent (Last) allocation, the last (new) evar value will get credit for the purchase event.

So, if evar1 captures the following in the order -> A -> B -> C -> purchase event

Then, C will get credit for the purchase event.

Hope this clarifies!

Community Advisor

Dear Dinesh,

1. The eVar will expire only if the purchase event occurs. So, if the purchase event didn't occur in a visit, it will be persisting to the next visit OR to all the visits until the purchase event occurs.

2. Expiration here is a Server Side Calculation. From the moment you change the expiration, the calculation changes at the Server Side, and thus it is updated expiration for both new & old eVar value. However, I never validated it.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun raj B.