Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error connecting to Adobe Analytics Power BI Connector 2.0

Level 2

The Adobe Analytics Power BI connector 2.0 was working perfectly fine but just this morning it started to return the error "The field 'name' of the record wasn't found.".

Has anyone encountered the same issue or know what could be the cause?

We have tried clearing and re authorising the permission but the issue still persists. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Just got the root cause from Adobe Support:

"The report suites collections API is being replaced by a newer data suites API. The initial rollout exposed the missing fields behind an expansion. The service was rolled back to the original report suites API to resolve the issue."

All seems to be working again.

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't use Power BI, but it almost sounds like someone may have renamed something in your backend? Or maybe there is a temporary server issue that may self resolve...

Given it used to work, I think it might be worth checking to see if anyone made any changes (any dimension or event name changes, or possibly changes to segments or calculated metrics?) I would start by checking specifically the elements that are being used by your connection...

Level 2

Thank you Jennifer, the 1.0 connector works perfectly fine with the same references. Seems to be an issue with the 2.0 connector alone. 

I have raised an Adobe support ticket and hopefully I'll get a response soon. 

Community Advisor

Good luck! Hopefully you can get that resolved soon.

Level 1

New to the Adobe Support area but started getting this error this morning 8/24 - 

Error: Expression.Error: The field 'name' of the record wasn't found

Can support tickets be shared to follow along?

Level 2

Nope I think the support tickets are private. No progress on Adobe's end yet

Level 2

I am experiencing the same issue for the first time today with Adobe Analytics Connector 2.0.  It has always been fine before.  Has Adobe and/or Microsoft changed something?  

With the issue, I cannot go past the company name to see dimensions, metrics for selection.

Can anyone from Adode help with this issue?  Or is this a Microsoft issue to fix?

Level 2

Did it get fixed? we have been experiencing the same problem for the last 2 days. 

Level 2

Nope, I got on a call with Adobe Support and they seem to have the same issue on their end (using another account). Connector 1.0 works though (but obviously not going to be easy converting queries over) - I'll just be waiting till they fix it... But if there's an update I'll update this thread. 

Level 1

Experiencing the exact same problem when refresh failed overnight. 

Level 2

Do we know whether this is a problem for Microsoft or Adobe to fix?  

Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue since yesterday too when a few of my reports were refreshing. 

I have opened a case with adobe so hoping they can help with this

Level 1

I've also been experiencing this error with Adobe Analytics 2.0 connector since Monday or Tuesday of this week, preventing my Power BI reports from refreshing. Its at least positive news that support was able to replicate the issue. Thanks for the post and updates Vernon_H!

Employee

Hey All, In one of the cases I have looked at the traces produced by Power BI. It can be enabled under Option > Debugging > Enable Traces.

As of now, it seems to be an issue from the Power BI end, since Analytics APIs are returning status code 200, and the error appears to be generated from the Microsoft Mashup engine. 

Level 1

Hey Fhusain, thanks for that - are you in contact with Microsoft to clarify this? 

Employee

A client has logged a ticket to the team; the Microsoft team is looking into it from their end as well. I would suggest logging a ticket from your end too with the Mashup traces.

Level 2

But Connector 1.0 is working fine. Is this an issue with Microsoft only wrt Connector 2.0? 

Employee

Yeah, it is odd. But at this moment, we don't see any Analytics API failing, so if you have a ticket logged to client care, maybe you can share the logs and they can review this and see in your case what exactly happeing.

In my case, it wasn't working with both the connectors and it was happening with some users, for other users it was working as expected.

Something definitely odd. So need to be checked from both ends.

Level 1

How to enable the debug/trace option in a Dataflow that uses the connector?

Employee

Hey @Marcus1 Can you try Fiddler to capture the logs?