Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Way to segment visitors by how long ago their ECID was first defined?

Level 3

Is anybody familiar with a method for segmenting visitors by the length of their ECID's lifespan?

EG: [Segment for visitors with an ECID over 3 months old]

It would be interesting for analyzing edits to evars that persist the length of a visitor ID.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this would be more reliable.. since the "cookie" creation date may not match the ECID creation date...  if the cookie is set with the same ECID from another site in your network, I don't know if the date could be trusted...

Even if you used a serialized event, passing the ecid as the unique serial... all existing users at this time would mark the creation as "today"... and also, ECIDs are larger than then max 20 character serialization....

I will definitely upvote for some new "Days since first Visit" or something like that metric for websites.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

So a kind of latency question? How long has a visitor (a defined by the ECID) been a visitor?

Community Advisor

I haven't looked into anything with trying to understand how long ago the ECID was created... this sounds like something that might require custom coding... 

Unfortunately Adobe's Days since first use only works for the mobile apps... but not for web

Level 3

Ah, good to know. I wasn't able to find anything suggesting this existed - I may float this to ideas.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this would be more reliable.. since the "cookie" creation date may not match the ECID creation date...  if the cookie is set with the same ECID from another site in your network, I don't know if the date could be trusted...

Even if you used a serialized event, passing the ecid as the unique serial... all existing users at this time would mark the creation as "today"... and also, ECIDs are larger than then max 20 character serialization....

I will definitely upvote for some new "Days since first Visit" or something like that metric for websites.