Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Erroneous records in datafeed; values offset incorrectly

Level 1

I'm running a datafeed into Amazon S3 and am trying to run a parameter in one of the variables (Visit Number); I'm seeing a Page Name value in a numeric field (evar) and in the Time Stamp field I'm seeing text from another field as well.  Has anyone run into this?  Do you just exclude these anomalies? Or, is there a way to get to the root cause and troubleshoot to prevent further fields from needing to be excluded as the data base grows; potentially these anomalies COULD be symptoms of a bigger issue?

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I suspect that whichever delimiter your file is using, that character appeared in one of the values in that row, causing items to shift columns?

For instance, maybe the file is "tab" delimited.. so each tab indicates a new column, but maybe you had a value in a field like eVar1 = "something \t value" (\t being a tab)... so "something" ended up in eVar1 and "value" ended up in eVar2, the value of eVar3 was pushed to eVar4, etc....