Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Easy way to setup querying from multiple report suites ?

Level 4

Hello, does anyone know if Report Builder supports an easy way to setup a report across multiple suites at once as part of the setup? Meaning without having to create 10 versions of the same report just to query from the 10 report suites,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Matt,

Yes that functionality would be a new feature request as today all data blocks are tied to a single report suite reference OR Excel cell reference to a single report suite. I would recommend checking out the Adobe IdeaExchange and detailing a new post if that feature request does not exist yet.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Matt,

In Adobe Report Builder each data block references a single report suite (essentially a single data request via the API). However within a given worksheet you can have several data blocks which reference different report suites. One of the advantages of RB is it is very easy to create a single data block request and then use the copy feature in RB so that same exact request is pasted to other parts of the worksheet or other tabs. Then you simply change the report suite references in the assorted data blocks to pull down the data however you prefer.  

You cannot however have one single data block which references multiple report suites as each data block must have a single reference base report suite set.

Best,

Brian

Level 4

Thanks Brian. So I guess what I'm asking for then would be a feature request, ie. the ability to have an table of RSIDs in Excel wherein I could highlight that table and generate one report which queries each of those suites.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Matt,

Yes that functionality would be a new feature request as today all data blocks are tied to a single report suite reference OR Excel cell reference to a single report suite. I would recommend checking out the Adobe IdeaExchange and detailing a new post if that feature request does not exist yet.

Best,

Brian