Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic dashboard

Level 1

Hi
Is there a way to make a shared dashboard showing traffic from a single CID-trackingcode, that is appended to the URL of the very dashboard.
So if https://URL-to dashboard?CID-trackingcode, then the dashboard fetch the queryString CID-trackingcode and filter the dashboard, so only relevant data for this specific CID-tracking code is shown in the dashboard. Is it possible and how?
Hope anyone knows:-)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hmm, you might be able to use Report Builder (but that seems like a similar overhead to Tableau), plus you would then need to make sure all those users had access to Report Builder.... 

You could also file this as an Idea (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/idb-p/adobe-analytics-ideas), while it's a bit of a niche market, the idea of dynamic reporting may be able to be expanded to multiple use cases and could be a really cool concept for the Adobe team to explore.

It won't help you now, but maybe one day?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I can't say that I know this is or is not possible, but I am curious about why you need to do do this? What's the problem you are trying to solve?

Community Advisor

I don't think this is currently possible...

Why wouldn't you just use quick segments and let people type in the value they want:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1695315401119.png

Level 1

Hi both of you:-)

Thank you for taking an interest. I have built a webpage that generates campaign-urls, that is the URL+cid, from a few parameters depending of what it is. When people create their campaign-url, I want to supply a dashboard-URL at the same time also, for easy access. This, so people can track the effect of their campaign or a specific part of it - for instances a Social Media Manager could make a specific CID for an influencer to track the effect of that, a Campaign Manager a CID to track other paid media etc.
All that data can be found already i Adobe Analytics if you have Access and knowledge of Adobe Analytics, but this is intended for people who does not work with data as a primary function, so they understand and have acces to the effect directly in realtime themselves.

To type in the value of the Tracking Code as you, Jennifer, suggested is one way to go, but most of the people this tracking data is intended for, do not have access to or knowledge of Adobe Analytics. So the report ideally would be read only and contain only the data relevant for them. Also more cool if you need not type anything, just click on link to realtime-tracking-report.

In Tableau it is possible to filter a dashboard dynamically with the queryString of the dashboards URL, like URLToDashboard?FilterOnThis=Something. However it seems like an unnecessary huge extra step to make a Tableau dashboard that collects the data dynamically from Adobe Analytics to achieve this. Also unsure of how realtime.

If you have any suggestion, it is much appreciated:-)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hmm, you might be able to use Report Builder (but that seems like a similar overhead to Tableau), plus you would then need to make sure all those users had access to Report Builder.... 

You could also file this as an Idea (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/idb-p/adobe-analytics-ideas), while it's a bit of a niche market, the idea of dynamic reporting may be able to be expanded to multiple use cases and could be a really cool concept for the Adobe team to explore.

It won't help you now, but maybe one day?