Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Duplicate analytics server call on AEM pages | ACDL Implementation | Need immediate help

Level 1

@SarahEOwen 

Hi Sarah, Hope you are doing well!

I have gone through your answers for the questions which was posted intended to analytics and it helps plenty of people around the world to resolve so many issues w.r.t analytics implementation. In my case client is leveraging AEMaaCS (CMS) and have been requested us to implement Adobe Client Data Layer as they are creating pages using core components. We started implementing using ACDL on rules via Adobe Launch but when we tested tags are firing twice whenever we click on the respective functionalities (CTA, Top Navigation, Sub Navigation etc...) we've examined the issues but unfortunately we couldn't fix it. Would request your expertise assistance on the below issues which we are finding challenges to resolve it.

Thanks in advance!

Srini

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Tags will fire only when their Rules can run successfully. So if you're seeing your tags get fired more than once, then it means there are Rule(s) that are running more than once.

Try troubleshooting with these steps:

• Use the Adobe debugger extension in your browser. Go to the Launch panel and enable logging. Now, browse your website and click those links that are double-firing. Check the logs in the Adobe debugger. You should see the Rule(s) that are firing more than once incorrectly. If you do, fix those Rules.
  • Check your ACDL implementation.ACDL processes all pushes into it, and the corresponding Launch Rules will run based on that processing. So it could be that there have been more than one push into it when the user had executed one action only.
  • Check your Rules in Launch. Maybe you thought that you had only configured one Rule per ACDL push, but actually, there's more than one Rule. So with one ACDL push, you're actually running more than one Rule, resulting in the multiple tags.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Tags will fire only when their Rules can run successfully. So if you're seeing your tags get fired more than once, then it means there are Rule(s) that are running more than once.

Try troubleshooting with these steps:

• Use the Adobe debugger extension in your browser. Go to the Launch panel and enable logging. Now, browse your website and click those links that are double-firing. Check the logs in the Adobe debugger. You should see the Rule(s) that are firing more than once incorrectly. If you do, fix those Rules.
  • Check your ACDL implementation.ACDL processes all pushes into it, and the corresponding Launch Rules will run based on that processing. So it could be that there have been more than one push into it when the user had executed one action only.
  • Check your Rules in Launch. Maybe you thought that you had only configured one Rule per ACDL push, but actually, there's more than one Rule. So with one ACDL push, you're actually running more than one Rule, resulting in the multiple tags.

Level 1

@yuhuisg Thanks for your prompt response.

• Yes, we've used Adobe Experience Platform Debugger by replacing the Dev launch embed code on QA website also enabled the "console logging" to view the rules what are all fired when we load page or click on CTA / Top Menu Navigation / Hamburger Menu links
  • Have added only one rule for CTA button and thoroughly validated twice on Adobe Launch and noticed we are good on rules
  • Launch rules created via custom code (using CSS Selector) are working as expected (tags are firing once). We are facing this issue only on the rules where ACDL('cmp:click') event is being used
  • Have followed the Adobe recommended method by using this link https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/integrations/analytics/track-...

Please help us on this as we are literally stuck to proceed further.

Thanks in advance!

Srini

Community Advisor

Could it be that the "cmp:click" event is being pushed more than once?

To verify, log all of your ACDL pushes using a new Rule like so:

• Event: ACDL > Event Pushed, listen to all events
  • Condition: (optional) Value Comparison:
    • Left operand: %event.message.event%
    • Operator: Equals
    • Right operand: cmp:click
  • Action: Custom code:
    • console.group('logging: ' + event.message.event);
      console.log('ACDL', adobeDataLayer.getState());
      console.groupEnd();

Now, you should see some logs in your browser console whenever there is a push into ACDL. I suspect you will see 2 consecutive logs for the "cmp:click" event when the user performs one click action in the web page.

Level 3

@yuhuisg 

I have a similar issue. So if the cmp:click event is being pushed twice, how can it be resolved?

PS: The devs working on the implementation are also confused about why its happening.

Thanks

Community Advisor

If your developers are using the built-in AEM integration for ACDL, then I think this double-pushing is happening because of that integration. I suggest that you bring this up with Customer Care for them to help you resolve this.

Level 1

Was there a resolution for this issue someone can share?