Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM events (scAdd, scPurchase, scRemove)

Level 1

How do we set up these events that are normally predefined in Omniture?  We are not seeing any of this data in our reporting metrics.  Only visits and pageviews.  I can't see revenue, orders or units.  We are only using DTM to track our site, no Adobe Analytics.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I may be wrong, but I believe scAdd, scPurchase, and scRemove are all custom implementation events and are not captured by default.  So, I believe you may be talking about reporting on these events inside of Adobe Analytics.  Could you clarify if you are looking for these parameters in Reporting and Analytics UI interface?  Or are you asking why you are not seeing those events being captured in the beacon to Adobe Analytics?

DTM by itself cannot send any data into Adobe Analytics.  DTM must be configured to use an Adobe Analytics tool.  :)  When you said that you are only using DTM to track your site, but no Adobe Analytics, did you mean that you have an Adobe Analytics tool configured in DTM, but you are not doing any custom tracking calls?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I may be wrong, but I believe scAdd, scPurchase, and scRemove are all custom implementation events and are not captured by default.  So, I believe you may be talking about reporting on these events inside of Adobe Analytics.  Could you clarify if you are looking for these parameters in Reporting and Analytics UI interface?  Or are you asking why you are not seeing those events being captured in the beacon to Adobe Analytics?

DTM by itself cannot send any data into Adobe Analytics.  DTM must be configured to use an Adobe Analytics tool.  :)  When you said that you are only using DTM to track your site, but no Adobe Analytics, did you mean that you have an Adobe Analytics tool configured in DTM, but you are not doing any custom tracking calls?

Level 1

Hi Benjamin, thanks for the reply.  I have DTM and it is pushing data to Adobe Analytics, but we are not also running Adobe Analytics so the predefined events (purchase, scAdd, etc) were not firing.  I was able to watch a training video on eCommerce events and set up the purchase event and s.products to be sent on order confirmation.  Learned something new today. :)  Thanks for your help!

Shannon