Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Google and Internet Explorer 8

Level 1

I've read that Google is having "issues" with IE8 and is not passing any referrer data. This is translating to a significant reporting impact for us (as IE8 is our 2nd most popular browser) in that we're unable to separate true organic traffic and true non-sourced/bookmark traffic. Are there any thoughts on when Google may have this issue resolved?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm afraid that since we're not Google, it's unlikely that we'll have info on this. We pretty much take whatever is in the referrer variable, and parse it for reports.

If you have any links to additional information on IE8 and Google, I can check them out and see if there's any workarounds we might be able to provide.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm afraid that since we're not Google, it's unlikely that we'll have info on this. We pretty much take whatever is in the referrer variable, and parse it for reports.

If you have any links to additional information on IE8 and Google, I can check them out and see if there's any workarounds we might be able to provide.