Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Dropdown in Workspace Panel not filtering Metric as expected

Level 2

In a project, I use a dropdown filter of Product Categories to filter metrics in a table such as Carts, Orders, Cart Rate, etc.

However, when filtering by category in the panel, the Cart Rate (Carts/Unique Visitors) seems inaccurate from what I'm expecting. How can I create a formula that considers the selected category in the panel dropdown and provides an accurate Cart Rate for that specific product category?

I can manually create a custom metric that successfully returns the Cart Rate for a specific product category and have it return the "correct" value (somewhere about 2.5%), but the problem occurs when I try and use a panel dropdown to filter my table (it then returns about 20%). I know I could just create many custom metrics based on my categories, but I'd like to give my users the ability to see many metrics by product category in the same table by using the panel filter. Examples are Cart Rate, Checkout Rate, Order Conversion Rate, Abandoned Cart Rate, etc.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am assuming that the issue you are experiencing is actually due to having multiple products on the same call under different categories...

So basically:

Product 1 - Cat 1

Product 2 - Cat 1

Product 3 - Cat 2

(or something like that)

One of the issues with Products and Segments is that both "Equals" and "Contains" works by looking at the individual category values, but for the full list of products.... 

So if you are filtering for "Cat 2", if it exists on the call (like above)... ALL the products on that call will be returned.... this is something that has annoyed many of us for years....  

Interestingly, if you pull the category as a breakdown, and then break that down by product, it will only show you the products for that category...  but trying to create it as segment that is used at the panel level or added as a column filter doesn't work 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am assuming that the issue you are experiencing is actually due to having multiple products on the same call under different categories...

So basically:

Product 1 - Cat 1

Product 2 - Cat 1

Product 3 - Cat 2

(or something like that)

One of the issues with Products and Segments is that both "Equals" and "Contains" works by looking at the individual category values, but for the full list of products.... 

So if you are filtering for "Cat 2", if it exists on the call (like above)... ALL the products on that call will be returned.... this is something that has annoyed many of us for years....  

Interestingly, if you pull the category as a breakdown, and then break that down by product, it will only show you the products for that category...  but trying to create it as segment that is used at the panel level or added as a column filter doesn't work